Close to 100% satisfied — that’s what our surveyed patients report. We know that state of the art equipment and a carefully designed environment are only a fraction of their cause for satisfaction. Equipment can’t offer a welcoming smile, an encouraging word, a soothing touch, a prompt response. But every single GRMC staff member can affect those outcomes. That’s why at GRMC, you’ll find that our benefits match our desire to attract the very finest healthcare and auxiliary staff members, and keep them with us long-term. Application for Employment
Active, full-time employees are eligible for:
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Paid Time Off (vacation, holidays, personal & sick time)
- Credit Union
- Reduced Price Cafeteria Meals
Current Opportunities with GRMC
The job postings listed below are current opportunities for employment. If you do not see a position available within your particular field of expertise but desire to work for Glen Rose Medical Center, we welcome the opportunity to get to know you now. In the “Cover Letter” section of our form, please let us know why you wish to further your career at GRMC. We will be happy to keep your application on file for review as positions become available.
RN/PRN/ Med Surg (Nights)
Registered Nurse for Med Surg Department: Provides direct and indirect patient care in the inpatient setting and accurately makes assessments. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments. Must maintain overall good general health and must be physically able to lift, support and move patients. Performs all job functions in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement.
ER/ RN /PRN
Provides direct care and indirect patient care in the ER setting. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to triage safely, rapidly and on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Performs all job functions in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement. The Registered Nurse reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing with up to (6) months Registered Nurse Experience preferred
- Licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current BLS certification
- TNCC within one year of hire for ER
- PALS or ENPC
- English equivalency for communication
- Basic computer knowledge
Nurse Aide: CNA or MA PRN (Day and Night Shift)
The Nurse Aide, under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse, delivers care to Clients of all age groups. The Nurse Aide assists in providing quality patient care by performing basic nursing tasks. All functions are carried out according to the Glen Rose Medical Center Mission Statement and Policies. The Nurse Aide reports to the Charge Nurse who reports directly to the C.N.O of the Hospital. Good general health and stress coping ability. Full mobility and ability to participate in vigorous activity. Must be able to lift fifty pounds or more and be able to walk alone, turn, pivot, and bend as needed to perform all the required duties. Must be physically able to lift and move patients.
PRN Patient Registration Representative
Department: Business Office
Will cover any shift when needed, unless have asked off for that day or any
hours of the day
Job Details: Registering all patients and collecting co-pay/deductible portions of patients insurance or Self pay patient presenting for services in the area you are covering in according to policies and procedures established by the Glen Rose Medical Center. Provides coverage for Switchboard Operator/Cashier as assigned. Ensures registration/communication work is done in a manner to promote positive relationships with patients, physicians, hospital departments and visitors.
- Use of computer to fulfill essential functions of job required
- Customer service experience desired
- Ability to type 35 words per minute desired
- High School Diploma or GED
PRN Van Driver for the Behavioral Health Program at Glen Rose Medical Center
We need help transporting patients to and from the SeniorCare Program for their mental health treatment. Drivers must be able to lift heavy items like wheelchairs and help patients in and out of the van and into the building. We are looking for individuals with excellent driving records and excellent customer service skills. This is often a split shift and perfect for a retired individual who wants just a few hours here or there.
PRN Medical Assistant for the Behavioral Health Program at Glen Rose Medical Center
We have openings for PRN Medical Assistants for the SeniorCare mental health program. We need individuals who can fill in when our census increases or to cover staff time off. This may include anything from a split shift driving patients to and from the program in the program van, to a longer work day assisting with registration, helping with nursing duties and assisting patients. We require an excellent driving record and customer service skills. This position is perfect for someone who is retired who wants just a few hours here or there.
PRN Licensed Therapist for the Behavioral Health Program at Glen Rose Medical Center
We have openings for PRN Therapists to help cover staff vacations or increased patient census in the SeniorCare Intensive Outpatient Program. Therapists facilitate group therapy sessions and interact therapeutically with patients with severe mental health issues. This position is perfect for someone who is retired or semi-retired, only needing a few hours here or there. Requirements include LMSW, LCSW or LPC with 3 years related experience. Must be able to assist senior patients transfer in and out of chairs and help with wheelchairs etc. We require our clinical staff to have excellent clinical and customer service skills.
Full Time Self Pay Collector
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 11:30PM – 8:30PM
Thursday and Friday 7:30AM – 4:30PM
The Self Pay Collector will address all incoming inquiry from patients, whether by telephone, mail or in person. Documenting all activity in the facility’s legacy, Patient Account System. Is familiar with government programs, with the facility’s charity and payment plan options. Contacts patients regarding Self Pay balances on the accounts receivables to evaluate patient’s ability to pay and collect monies due to the hospital. Able to work with minimal supervision. This Business Office Employee will perform other assigned duties when needed.
- Contacts patients/guarantors to secure payment for services provided.
- Documents all calls and actions taken in the appropriate system. Sets next work date if follow up is needed
- Establishes a payment arrangement when patients are unable to pay in full. This may include installments plans and patient settlements, in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center policies.
- Patient complaints/disputes are documented and forwarded to appropriate person
- Responsible for following all collection policy and procedures
- Returns all voice mail messages/emails within a timely manner
- Generates itemized bills as needed to any patient/guarantor
- Works patient correspondence in accordance to department policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge of Self Pay collections techniques
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette
- Ability to think independently and use good judgment for situations which require initiative and innovation
- Knowledge of basic office equipment
Ability to establish work priorities and prioritize
PRN Hospital Housekeeping
The housekeeper is responsible for providing housekeeping support for designated areas in the hospital, essential in maintaining sanitation standards. Environmental service workers primarily handle room readiness in patient areas and general cleanliness procedures in staff and public areas. Provides no direct patient care. All job functions are carried out according to Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Mission Vision Statement. The housekeeper reports directly to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
General good health and stress coping ability. Sits and walks intermittently throughout the work day. Full mobility and ability to participate in vigorous activity when performing work. Handles and manipulates equipment and office materials. Able to make emergency decisions working under stress. Ability to speak and hear allow discussions with patients and peers .
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to understand and carry out safety procedures and adhere to warnings.
- Previous hospital housekeeping experience a plus.
- Knowledge in operating floor care equipment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This is a full-time, on-site position. A high level of professionalism, customer courtesy; and, ability to communicate with customers, staff and providers is required. This position also requires adherence to HIPAA laws and reports directly to the Health Information Management Director.
The Quality Coordinator will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Responsible for collecting data and preparing for different hospital meetings pertaining to Quality measures and tracking.
- Educator to staff and physicians regarding Quality Measures.
- Input and collect data for CMS Reports.
- EMR Abstraction of data into Quality Net for Core Measures/ECQMS.
- Manage the 1115 DSRIP Plan data collection and submission reports.
- Assist HIM Director with HCHAPS, Process Improvement, Peer Reviews and Patient Safety.
- Patient complaints, grievances and occurrences.
- Assist with Policy & Procedure development/writing.
- Serve as backup to the HIM window and phones when needed.
- Assist the HIM Director as needed.
- Work on-site at the hospital, M-F, 8-5.
- Ability to Communicate with and interact with customers, hospital/clinic staff and healthcare providers.
- Sitting 90%, walking/standing 10%.
- Some light lifting – files, boxes.
- Must be able to work at a computer station daily.
- Required immunization proof, initial TB testing and annual flu vaccinations.
- Required to pass a drug screen at hire and upon request of employer.
- High School Graduate/GED Diploma with some college required. Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Assurance/Management.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an office clinical setting and clinical background preferred.
- CPHQ preferred. If not, required to obtain within two years.
- Proficiency with computers required – especially proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and proficient in spelling and grammar is required.
- Experience working in an EMR/EHR preferred.