Urologists specialize in the structure, functioning and disorders of the urinary tract which includes the kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. Urologists also treat the male reproductive tract.
Avi Deshmukh, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Avi Deshmukh specializes in urological surgery. Prior to entering private practice in 1990, he was a surgeon at the U.S. Air Force Regional Hospital at Carswell Air Force Base in Texas.
Dr. Deshmukh received his Doctor of Medicine degree at Grant Medical College in Bombay, India in 1976. At Medical College of Ohio, Dr. Deshmukh served a General Surgery internship from 1977 – 1978, a General Surgical Residency from 1978 – 1979 and a Urological Surgery residency from 1979 – 1982. He had a fellowship in Microvascular Surgery at Bethesda Naval Hospital Uniformed Services Medical School and a fellowship in Lithotripsy in Munich, West Germany.
Dr. Deshmukh is a speaker for Merck Pharmaceuticals. He has made numerous medical presentations to groups such as the Association of Surgical Technologists and the Society of Air Force Clinical Surgeons.
- Grant Medical College, Doctor of Medicine
- Medical College of Ohio, General Surgery Internship
- Medical College of Ohio, General Surgery Residency
- Medical College of Ohio, Urology Surgery Residency
- Bethesda Naval Hospital Uniformed Services Medical School, Microvascular Surgery Fellowship
- Knankenhaus Harlachin, Lithotripsy Fellowship