Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating problems relating to the cardiovascular system- the heart, arteries and veins. These disorders include coronary heart disease, hypertensive heart disease, rheumatic heart disease, infectious heart disease and heart defects present at birth. Cardiologists at Glen Rose Medical Center perform a variety of diagnostic testing and procedures including electrocardiograms (EKGs), echocardiograms, cardiac stress tests and pacemaker placements.
Andrew Miller, M.D.
Dr. Miller is a Cardiologist who has been in private practice since 1988. He graduated from the University of Texas in 1979 and attended medical school at University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. His internship and residency training was at Parkland Memorial Hospital and Dallas Veterans Administration Hospital both in Dallas. From 1986 – 1988, he served a cardiology fellowship at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. In 1988 he also served a fellowship in transplant cardiology at Medical College of Virginia.
Dr. Miller is associated with HeartPlace, which covers every cardiac specialty. His practice takes him to Glen Rose, Grapevine and Bedford.
- Interventional Cardiology
- Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- University of Texas at Austin, Plan 2 Honors Program
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, AOA honors graduate
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Internal Medicine Internship and Residency
- Baylor University Medical Center, Cardiology Fellowship
Deepak Patel, M.D.
Dr. Patel is in private practice specializing in cardiology and nuclear cardiology. Dr. Patel attended Rutgers University where he earned the Bausch & Lomb Honorary Science Award, was on the Dean’s List and a member of the National Honor Society. He earned his Doctor of Medicine degree with the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in 1992. At the University of Pittsburgh Medical Centers, he served an internal medicine internship and residency from 1992 – 1995, and a cardiology fellowship from 1995 – 1998.
Dr. Patel is associated with HeartPlace, which covers every cardiac specialty. His practice takes him to Glen Rose, Grapevine and Bedford.
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Centers, Internal Medicine Internship and Residency
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Centers, Cardiology Fellowship