The Roger E. Marks Healthcare Foundation
In 1949 Dr. Roger Marks moved his family site unseen from New Jersey to Glen Rose, Texas after answering an ad in a medical journal. The new doctor carried his black bag and drove the back roads, patching wounds, delivering babies and easing pain. In 1971 the Marks-English Hospital opened its doors where Glen Rose Medical Center stands today. Dr. Marks envisioned a single campus with a rural continuum of healthcare with physicians’ offices and connected to a nursing home.
This was accomplished by Dr. Marks using much of his life savings, community support from the Glen Rose Industrial Foundation and the Small Business Association. The legacy he started continues today. The Roger E. Marks Healthcare Foundation provides scholarships to Glen Rose High School students pursuing an education in the medical profession, employees advancing their careers in medicine and purchasing valuable equipment necessary to care for our patients.
The Dr. Roger E. Marks Healthcare Foundation is a continued legacy in Glen Rose.
Dr. Roger E. Marks Healthcare Foundation
P O Box 773
Glen Rose, Texas 76043
The Dr. Roger E. Marks Healthcare Foundations is a 501c3 organization.