Close to 100% satisfied — that’s what our surveyed patients report. We know that state of the art equipment and a carefully designed environment are only a fraction of their cause for satisfaction. Equipment can’t offer a welcoming smile, an encouraging word, a soothing touch, a prompt response. But every single GRMC staff member can affect those outcomes. That’s why at GRMC, you’ll find that our benefits match our desire to attract the very finest healthcare and auxiliary staff members, and keep them with us long-term. Application for Employment
Active, full-time employees are eligible for:
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Paid Time Off (vacation, holidays, personal & sick time)
- Credit Union
- Reduced Price Cafeteria Meals
Current Opportunities with GRMC
The job postings listed below are current opportunities for employment. If you do not see a position available within your particular field of expertise but desire to work for Glen Rose Medical Center, we welcome the opportunity to get to know you now. In the “Cover Letter” section of our form, please let us know why you wish to further your career at GRMC. We will be happy to keep your application on file for review as positions become available.
RN/PRN/ Med Surg
Registered Nurse for Med Surg Department: Provides direct and indirect patient care in the inpatient setting and accurately makes assessments. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments. Must maintain overall good general health and must be physically able to lift, support and move patients. Performs all job functions in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement
Part-Time/PRN Radiology/CT Technologist
Current ARRT registry in Radiology
- Current CMRT certification
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- 1 Year of CT experience
ER/ RN /PRN
Provides direct care and indirect patient care in the ER setting. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to triage safely, rapidly and on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Performs all job functions in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement. The Registered Nurse reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing with up to (6) months Registered Nurse Experience preferred
- Licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current BLS certification
- TNCC within one year of hire for ER
- PALS or ENPC
- English equivalency for communication
- Basic computer knowledge
Full Time Days 6:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Full Time Evenings 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
The housekeeper is responsible for providing housekeeping support for designated areas in the hospital, essential in maintaining sanitation standards. Environmental service workers primarily handle room readiness in patient areas and general cleanliness procedures in staff and public areas. Provides no direct patient care. All job functions are carried out according to Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Mission Vision Statement. The housekeeper reports directly to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
General good health and stress coping ability. Sits and walks intermittently throughout the work day. Full mobility and ability to participate in vigorous activity when performing work. Handles and manipulates equipment and office materials. Able to make emergency decisions working under stress. Ability to speak and hear allow discussions with patients and peers .
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to understand and carry out safety procedures and adhere to warnings.
- Previous hospital housekeeping experience a plus.
- Knowledge in operating floor care equipment.
GLEN ROSE MEDICAL CENTER, GLEN ROSE, TX
Monday – Friday 8:30AM – 5:30PM
Job Type: Full-time
JOB DESCRIPTION: Pre Authorization Specialist
Reports to: Business Office Director
Purpose of the job: Responsible for providing accurate and complete data input for precertification request and for providing excellent customer service
- Answer calls from physicians offices, hospitals, and patients using exemplary customer service skills.
- Accurately enter required information into computer database.
- Review structured clinical data matching it against specific medical terms and diagnoses or procedure codes..
- File completed precertification request as per established procedures.
- Print and distribute paper work to registration at the end of each day.
- Maintain patient confidentiality as defined by state, federal and company regulations.
- Establish effective rapport with other employees, professional support service staff, customers, clients, patients, families and physicians.
- Actively support departmental and strategic plans and ensure successful implementation.
- Maintain working relationships with all Glen Rose Medical Center departments and providers.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry: High School Education or GED 3. . Knowledge of medical terminology Skills,
Abilities and Professional Competencies: Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding/computer use. Self-motivation and the ability to work effectively in an independent environment. Provide quality customer service by being available for scheduled shifts. Includes arriving promptly and completing shifts as needed to meet demands of daily call levels. Excellent Communication and organizational skills Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with emotionally charged situations.
Medical Assistant for Behavioral Health
The Behavioral Health Department has an outpatient mental health program for older adults and seniors. We are seeking a Medical Assistant to assist our Medical Director and Program Nurse with collecting vital signs and pharmacy requests, transporting patients to and from the program, be available to assist patients with all tasks to include serving lunch and beverages, preparing therapy areas and materials, assisting patients in the restroom, assisting Program Therapists as assigned, and performing office tasks, to include assisting our secretary with registering, collecting payments, order entry, answering phones, filing, etc. Our team members wear many hats and must be able to jump in to help in all areas while maintaining a warm, helpful disposition for patients and each other in a sometimes stressful setting. We would prefer someone with experience in a mental health setting and/or with seniors, but we will train someone with a positive attitude and professional work ethic.
PRN Patient Registration Representative
Department: Business Office
Regular scheduled work day – Thursday, 11P-7A
All Other days: Will cover any shift when needed, unless have asked off for that day or any
hours of the day
Job Details: Registering all patients and collecting co-pay/deductible portions of patients insurance or Self pay patient presenting for services in the area you are covering in according to policies and procedures established by the Glen Rose Medical Center. Provides coverage for Switchboard Operator/Cashier as assigned. Ensures registration/communication work is done in a manner to promote positive relationships with patients, physicians, hospital departments and visitors.
- Use of computer to fulfill essential functions of job required
- Customer service experience desired
- Ability to type 35 words per minute desired
- High School Diploma or GED
ER RN Full Time Nights
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the ER setting. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to triage safely, rapidly and on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Performs all job functions in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement. The Registered Nurse reports directly to the Assistant Chief Nursing Officer.
- Graduate of an accredited school f professional nursing with up to (6) months Registered Nurse Experience preferred.
- Licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN).
- Current BLS certification.
- ACLS certification
- TNCC within one year of hire for ER hire for ER
- PALS or ENPC
- English equivalency for communication.
- Basic computer knowledge
Monday – Friday 8:30AM – 5:30PM
As a Medical Biller/Collector, you will be responsible for the complete and accurate billing and collections of all claims submitted for payment.
Additional duties for this Medical Biller/Collector role include, but are not limited to: Performing all billing services in accordance with state/federal regulations; compliant with plan of care/treatment; and consistent with professional practice
- Coordinating accumulation and verification of all necessary documentation required for billing
- Processing correspondence and telephone calls from all payors regarding all claims
- Responsible for timely resolution of all claims including appeals
- Communicating with agency personnel on incorrect payor data that is identified
- Verifying billing frequency, required forms, and general billing requirements
- Follow-up on accounts for billing and on overdue accounts for collections via phone calls, re-submissions and adjustments for billing errors
- Maintaining acceptable % goal of outstanding AR depending on the plan
- Effectively working and resolving billing edits in a timely manner
- Managing clearinghouse and payor accept/reject reports timely
We are looking for a Medical Biller/Collector who is highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to effectively work both, independently or in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Specific qualifications for this role include:
- 1+ years of experience as a medical collector/biller working high receivables in the Healthcare industry
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel
- High School Diploma
Part Time Business Office Specialist
Our ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have exceptional communication skills, enjoy multi-tasking, manage time well and work towards meeting daily and monthly business goals
Are you ready to kick-start your career into high gear? Take your career to the next level in a new and exciting opportunity at our rapidly growing healthcare organization. . With our continued growth and success, we are excited to add additional members to our all-star team.
If you have experience in:
- Customer service
- Strong collections background
Working with us will provide you the opportunity to step into a career with opportunities for growth and work side-by-side with other hardworking and fun-loving employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage assigned accounts
- Contact customers via telephone to discuss accounts
- Make payment arrangements
- Take Payments
- Accurately document accounts
- Answer inbound collections and/or customer service calls
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Job Type: Part Time
- High school or equivalent
Certified Surgical Technologist – Full Time
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) is a member of the surgical team who works with surgeons, anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists, registered nurses, and other surgical personnel in delivering patient care and assuming appropriate responsibilities before, during, and after surgery. The CST acting as a scrub person handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. Must have an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipate the needs of the surgeon and maintain a sterile field. Good general health with ability to work in a high stress environment. Must have full mobility with the ability to stand in one place for long periods of time. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Must be a graduate from a surgical technology program accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) or another avenue of entry otherwise acceptable to the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist.
- Initial certification is bases upon satisfactory performance on the national certifying examination.
- CST’s maintain their certification by accruing appropriate contact hours of approved continuing education, as required by their governing body.
- Must be currently certified in basic CPR & re-certified every two years.