Close to 100% satisfied — that’s what our surveyed patients report. We know that state of the art equipment and a carefully designed environment are only a fraction of their cause for satisfaction. Equipment can’t offer a welcoming smile, an encouraging word, a soothing touch, a prompt response. But every single GRMC staff member can affect those outcomes. That’s why at GRMC, you’ll find that our benefits match our desire to attract the very finest healthcare and auxiliary staff members, and keep them with us long-term. Application for Employment
Active, full-time employees are eligible for:
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Paid Time Off (vacation, holidays, personal & sick time)
- Credit Union
- Reduced Price Cafeteria Meals
Current Opportunities with GRMC
The job postings listed below are current opportunities for employment. If you do not see a position available within your particular field of expertise but desire to work for Glen Rose Medical Center, we welcome the opportunity to get to know you now. In the “Cover Letter” section of our form, please let us know why you wish to further your career at GRMC. We will be happy to keep your application on file for review as positions become available.
RN/PRN NIGHTS Med Surg
Registered Nurse for Med Surg Department: Provides direct and indirect patient care in the inpatient setting and accurately makes assessments. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments. Must maintain overall good general health and must be physically able to lift, support and move patients. Performs all job functions in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement
Part-Time/PRN Radiology/CT Technologist
Current ARRT registry in Radiology
- Current CMRT certification
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- 1 Year of CT experience
PRN SeniorCare Program Therapist
SeniorCare at Glen Rose Medical Center provides quality Intensive Outpatient Mental Health Services for older adults and seniors. We are seeking a PRN Program Therapist to add to the treatment team for as needed coverage up to 20 hours a week. Program Therapists must have a minimum of 3 years experience with an LPC, LMSZW or LCSW.
MT or MLT Weekend Nights
- Generalist with skills in all areas of the laboratory strongly preferred
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Medical Technology; required education and training culminating in certification by a National Agency or military laboratory certificate of training representing 52 weeks or greater of training; or quality as testing personnel under CLIA 88
- Certification by ASCP, ASMT, AMT or HEW (HHS) with current registration
- 6 months of hospital experience preferred
ER RN Full Time Nights
Provides direct care and indirect patient care in the ER setting. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to triage safely, rapidly and on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Performs all job functions in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement. The Registered Nurse reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing with up to (6) months Registered Nurse Experience preferred
- Licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current BLS certification
- TNCC within one year of hire for ER
- PALS or ENPC
- English equivalency for communication
- Basic computer knowledge
Self Pay Collector
Full time Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 11:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. , Tuesday & Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Self Pay Collector will address all incoming inquiry from patients, whether by telephone, mail or in person. Documenting all activity in the facility’s legacy, Patient Account System. Is familiar with government programs, with the facility’s charity and payment plan options. Contacts patients regarding Self Pay balances on the accounts receivables to evaluate patients ability to pay and collect monies due to the hospital. Able to work with minimal supervision. This Business Office Employee will perform other assigned duties when needed.
- Contacts patients/guarantors to secure payment for services provided.
- Documents all call and actions taken in the appropriate system. Sets next work date if follow up is needed
- Establishes a payment arrangement when patients unable to pay in full. This may include installment plans and patient settlements, in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center policies
- Patient complaints/disputes are documented and forwarded to appropriate person
- Responsible for following all collection and procedures.
- Returns all voice mail messages/emails within a timely manner
- Generates itemized bills as needed to patient/guarantor
- Works patient correspondence in accordance to department policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge of Self Pay collection techniques
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think independently and use good judgment for situations which require initiative and innovation
- Knowledge of basic office equipment
- Ability to establish work priorities and prioritize
- Analytical and problem- solving skills
- 10 Key by touch and ability to type 40 wpm
- Basic math calculation skills
Hospital Floor Technician
Department: Environmental Services
Job Details: Floor technician needed for maintenance of hospital floors. The PRN Floor Technician must be able to perform duties necessary for the upkeep of tile floors, including but not limited to stripping and waxing as needed. Job responsibilities will also include shampooing and upkeep of carpeted areas within all departments as well.
All job functions will be performed in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement.
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m-5:30 p.m.
Glen Rose Medical Center of Glen Rose, Texas is currently seeking a FT Billing/Collections Representative. The ideal candidate will be responsible for billing all claims daily, making and receiving telephone calls to resolve account balances. Including contacting the insurance company for dollow up collections, third party vendor, contacting the guarantor for more information, claim status, accurate data entry. The ideal candidate will evaluate and resolve payment and contractual discrepancies. Initiates appeals and refunds when necessary. Reports compliance concerns related to billing and collections process. This position requires handling of accounts in a professional manner.
Billing/Collections Job Duties:
- Gathers billing information by reviewing patient account; checking for completeness.
- Ensures payments by verifying accuracy of payments from primary.
- Bills Secondary carrier by inputting billing information to database; initiating electronic transmissions.
- Resolves disputed claims by gathering, verifying, and providing additional information; following-up on claims.
- Resolves discrepancies by examining and evaluating data; selecting corrective steps.
- Adjusts patient bills by reviewing remittance advice; consulting with EOB’s.
- Prepares weekly reports of billing/collections
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; keeping current on billing and reimbursement procedures.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements.
- Accomplishes billing department and hospital by completing related results as needed.
Billing/Collection Skills and Qualifications:
Data Entry Skills, Analyzing Information, Quality Focus, Productivity, Time Management, Organization, Professionalism, Attention to Detail, Financial Skills, Documentation Skills, Reporting Skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Understanding of health care business service functions, including billing collections, insurance and appeals.
- Medial Collection experience preferred, strong medical claims experience and understanding of healthcare reimbursement preferred.
- 1 year experience in healthcare insurance collections and billing.
- Prior use and experience with computer applications and 10-key.
Monday-Wednesday 7:00PM- 7:00AM , Thursday 3:00PM-7:00PM
Under the direction of the Business Office Director
Responsible for work flow in a specific area of patient registration. Responsibilities include gathering, reviewing, and entering patient demographics and insurance. Collect and enter co-pays and deductibles. Scan in all documents. Review admission packet with patients and collect consent for treatment. Register and direct patients to appropriate departments. Attend all required Safety training programs. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
Requirements: o High School diploma required · Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities o Computer experience required o Insurance experience preferred o Strong telephone and interpersonal communication skills o Outstanding customer service
Full Time Evenings 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
The housekeeper is responsible for providing housekeeping support for designated areas in the hospital, essential in maintaining sanitation standards. Environmental service workers primarily handle room readiness in patient areas and general cleanliness procedures in staff and public areas. Provides no direct patient care. All job functions are carried out according to Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Mission Vision Statement. The housekeeper reports directly to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
General good health and stress coping ability. Sits and walks intermittently throughout the work day. Full mobility and ability to participate in vigorous activity when performing work. Handles and manipulates equipment and office materials. Able to make emergency decisions working under stress. Ability to speak and hear allow discussions with patients and peers .
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to understand and carry out safety procedures and adhere to warnings.
- Previous hospital housekeeping experience a plus.
- Knowledge in operating floor care equipment.