Close to 100% satisfied — that’s what our surveyed patients report. We know that state of the art equipment and a carefully designed environment are only a fraction of their cause for satisfaction. Equipment can’t offer a welcoming smile, an encouraging word, a soothing touch, a prompt response. But every single GRMC staff member can affect those outcomes. That’s why at GRMC, you’ll find that our benefits match our desire to attract the very finest healthcare and auxiliary staff members, and keep them with us long-term. Application for Employment
Active, full-time employees are eligible for:
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Paid Time Off (vacation, holidays, personal & sick time)
- Credit Union
- Reduced Price Cafeteria Meals
Current Opportunities with GRMC
The job postings listed below are current opportunities for employment. If you do not see a position available within your particular field of expertise but desire to work for Glen Rose Medical Center, we welcome the opportunity to get to know you now. In the “Cover Letter” section of our form, please let us know why you wish to further your career at GRMC. We will be happy to keep your application on file for review as positions become available.
RN/PRN/ Med Surg
Registered Nurse for Med Surg Department: Provides direct and indirect patient care in the inpatient setting and accurately makes assessments. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments. Must maintain overall good general health and must be physically able to lift, support and move patients. Performs all job functions in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement
Part-Time/PRN Radiology/CT Technologist
Current ARRT registry in Radiology
- Current CMRT certification
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- 1 Year of CT experience
PRN SeniorCare Program Therapist
SeniorCare at Glen Rose Medical Center provides quality Intensive Outpatient Mental Health Services for older adults and seniors. We are seeking a PRN Program Therapist to add to the treatment team for as needed coverage up to 20 hours a week. Program Therapists must have a minimum of 3 years experience with an LPC, LMSW or LCSW.
MT or MLT Weekend Nights
- Generalist with skills in all areas of the laboratory strongly preferred
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Medical Technology; required education and training culminating in certification by a National Agency or military laboratory certificate of training representing 52 weeks or greater of training; or quality as testing personnel under CLIA 88
- Certification by ASCP, ASMT, AMT or HEW (HHS) with current registration
- 6 months of hospital experience preferred
ER/ RN /PRN
Provides direct care and indirect patient care in the ER setting. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to triage safely, rapidly and on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Performs all job functions in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement. The Registered Nurse reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing with up to (6) months Registered Nurse Experience preferred
- Licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current BLS certification
- TNCC within one year of hire for ER
- PALS or ENPC
- English equivalency for communication
- Basic computer knowledge
Self Pay Collector
Full time Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 11:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. , Tuesday & Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Self Pay Collector will address all incoming inquiry from patients, whether by telephone, mail or in person. Documenting all activity in the facility’s legacy, Patient Account System. Is familiar with government programs, with the facility’s charity and payment plan options. Contacts patients regarding Self Pay balances on the accounts receivables to evaluate patients ability to pay and collect monies due to the hospital. Able to work with minimal supervision. This Business Office Employee will perform other assigned duties when needed.
- Contacts patients/guarantors to secure payment for services provided.
- Documents all call and actions taken in the appropriate system. Sets next work date if follow up is needed
- Establishes a payment arrangement when patients unable to pay in full. This may include installment plans and patient settlements, in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center policies
- Patient complaints/disputes are documented and forwarded to appropriate person
- Responsible for following all collection and procedures.
- Returns all voice mail messages/emails within a timely manner
- Generates itemized bills as needed to patient/guarantor
- Works patient correspondence in accordance to department policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge of Self Pay collection techniques
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think independently and use good judgment for situations which require initiative and innovation
- Knowledge of basic office equipment
- Ability to establish work priorities and prioritize
- Analytical and problem- solving skills
- 10 Key by touch and ability to type 40 wpm
- Basic math calculation skills
Hospital Floor Technician
Department: Environmental Services
Job Details: Floor technician needed for maintenance of hospital floors. The PRN Floor Technician must be able to perform duties necessary for the upkeep of tile floors, including but not limited to stripping and waxing as needed. Job responsibilities will also include shampooing and upkeep of carpeted areas within all departments as well.
All job functions will be performed in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement.
Full Time Evenings 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
The housekeeper is responsible for providing housekeeping support for designated areas in the hospital, essential in maintaining sanitation standards. Environmental service workers primarily handle room readiness in patient areas and general cleanliness procedures in staff and public areas. Provides no direct patient care. All job functions are carried out according to Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Mission Vision Statement. The housekeeper reports directly to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
General good health and stress coping ability. Sits and walks intermittently throughout the work day. Full mobility and ability to participate in vigorous activity when performing work. Handles and manipulates equipment and office materials. Able to make emergency decisions working under stress. Ability to speak and hear allow discussions with patients and peers .
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to understand and carry out safety procedures and adhere to warnings.
- Previous hospital housekeeping experience a plus.
- Knowledge in operating floor care equipment.
CT/Radiology Tech/Full Time
Performs CT/Radiology imaging procedures on appropriate anatomical regions in accordance with accepted standards of practice and protocols of the facility Radiologists. Completes and signs Patient Screening form and explains the procedure to the patient. Maintains patient care, comfort and safety during transport to and from the department and during the exam. Under guidance and approval of site Radiologists, obtains IV access and administers contrast agents according to site-specific protocols. Performs equipment quality checks and troubleshoots problems. Performs Quality Assurance testing. Cooperates with facility healthcare personnel and complies with facility policies and procedures. Maintains technical competency through continued education and participation in facility training programs. Maintains accurate patient records for all procedures performed, maintains accurate patient records for all procedures performed, maintains patient confidentiality, and adheres to all HIPPA standards.
- Current ARRT registry in Radiology
- Current CMRT certification
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- 1 year CT experience
- ARRT registry in CT preferred
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Accounts Receivable is responsible for entering all payments and adjustments and researching and resolving unidentified payments. The other job responsibilities include Month end Close and Charity applications received from Customer/Service Representative. This position is also responsible for researching and resolving, “Refunds”. Other duties will be assigned by the Business Office Supervisor. This position may require patient care by performing non-nursing tasks to clients of all age groups. These functions are carried out according to hospital policy, and the Glen Rose Medical Center mission statement. The Accounts Receivable Employee reports to the Business Office Supervisor.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Duties:
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from lock box and local deposits.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.Organization, Accounting, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software, Analyzing Information , Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal Communication
Accounts Receivable Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
High School Diploma with accounting knowledge of hospital related general ledger experience in a computerized environment is desired. Requires good written and verbal skills.
FT/PT Hospital Case Manager
The Case Manager will facilitate the interdisciplinary plan of care with a focus on evaluating the appropriateness of clinical care, medical necessity admission status, level of care, discharge needs and resource management. The Case Manager must interact with physicians, staff, patient/family and outside agencies and be knowledgeable of community resources and alternate care facilities. The Case Manager will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization. The Case Manager will identify potential barriers to patient throughput and quality outcomes an will facilitate discharge plans.
- Associate degree in healthcare related field preferred. Licensed professional nurse or person with the communication skills and criteria knowledge to exchange information with insurance payors, staff and physicians.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in related healthcare field (such as RHIT or social work) may be considered.
- Minimum of two (2) years of utilization review/case management experience or minimum of one (1) year experience in discharge planning from a hospital is preferred.
- Maintain a current professional licensure in nursing or professional field of certification.
- Appropriate certification in case management preferred (e.g., Commission for Case Management Certification (CCMC).
Receptionist Full Time
Monday -Friday 8:00 – 5:00
Full time receptionist position, in the Specialty/Cardiopulmonary Clinic at Glen Rose Medical Center. The right candidate must have computer skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to type, spell and follow instructions. The candidate should be able to read, write and speak in the English language. as well as maintain patient confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA standards. Must be, or be willing to be CPR certified.