Close to 100% satisfied — that’s what our surveyed patients report. We know that state of the art equipment and a carefully designed environment are only a fraction of their cause for satisfaction. Equipment can’t offer a welcoming smile, an encouraging word, a soothing touch, a prompt response. But every single GRMC staff member can affect those outcomes. That’s why at GRMC, you’ll find that our benefits match our desire to attract the very finest healthcare and auxiliary staff members, and keep them with us long-term. Application for Employment
Active, full-time employees are eligible for:
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Paid Time Off (vacation, holidays, personal & sick time)
- Credit Union
- Reduced Price Cafeteria Meals
Current Opportunities with GRMC
The job postings listed below are current opportunities for employment. If you do not see a position available within your particular field of expertise but desire to work for Glen Rose Medical Center, we welcome the opportunity to get to know you now. In the “Cover Letter” section of our form, please let us know why you wish to further your career at GRMC. We will be happy to keep your application on file for review as positions become available.
RN/PRN/ Med Surg
Registered Nurse for Med Surg Department: Provides direct and indirect patient care in the inpatient setting and accurately makes assessments. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments. Must maintain overall good general health and must be physically able to lift, support and move patients. Performs all job functions in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement
Part-Time/PRN Radiology/CT Technologist
Current ARRT registry in Radiology
- Current CMRT certification
- Current CPR/BLS certification
- 1 Year of CT experience
PRN SeniorCare Program Therapist
SeniorCare at Glen Rose Medical Center provides quality Intensive Outpatient Mental Health Services for older adults and seniors. We are seeking a PRN Program Therapist to add to the treatment team for as needed coverage up to 20 hours a week. Program Therapists must have a minimum of 3 years experience with an LPC, LMSW or LCSW.
ER/ RN /PRN
Provides direct care and indirect patient care in the ER setting. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to triage safely, rapidly and on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Performs all job functions in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement. The Registered Nurse reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing with up to (6) months Registered Nurse Experience preferred
- Licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current BLS certification
- TNCC within one year of hire for ER
- PALS or ENPC
- English equivalency for communication
- Basic computer knowledge
Self Pay Collector
Full time Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 11:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. , Tuesday & Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Self Pay Collector will address all incoming inquiry from patients, whether by telephone, mail or in person. Documenting all activity in the facility’s legacy, Patient Account System. Is familiar with government programs, with the facility’s charity and payment plan options. Contacts patients regarding Self Pay balances on the accounts receivables to evaluate patients ability to pay and collect monies due to the hospital. Able to work with minimal supervision. This Business Office Employee will perform other assigned duties when needed.
- Contacts patients/guarantors to secure payment for services provided.
- Documents all call and actions taken in the appropriate system. Sets next work date if follow up is needed
- Establishes a payment arrangement when patients unable to pay in full. This may include installment plans and patient settlements, in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center policies
- Patient complaints/disputes are documented and forwarded to appropriate person
- Responsible for following all collection and procedures.
- Returns all voice mail messages/emails within a timely manner
- Generates itemized bills as needed to patient/guarantor
- Works patient correspondence in accordance to department policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge of Self Pay collection techniques
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think independently and use good judgment for situations which require initiative and innovation
- Knowledge of basic office equipment
- Ability to establish work priorities and prioritize
- Analytical and problem- solving skills
- 10 Key by touch and ability to type 40 wpm
- Basic math calculation skills
Hospital Floor Technician
Department: Environmental Services
Job Details: Floor technician needed for maintenance of hospital floors. The PRN Floor Technician must be able to perform duties necessary for the upkeep of tile floors, including but not limited to stripping and waxing as needed. Job responsibilities will also include shampooing and upkeep of carpeted areas within all departments as well.
All job functions will be performed in accordance with Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Vision/Mission Statement.
Full Time Evenings 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
The housekeeper is responsible for providing housekeeping support for designated areas in the hospital, essential in maintaining sanitation standards. Environmental service workers primarily handle room readiness in patient areas and general cleanliness procedures in staff and public areas. Provides no direct patient care. All job functions are carried out according to Glen Rose Medical Center’s Policies and Procedures and Mission Vision Statement. The housekeeper reports directly to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
General good health and stress coping ability. Sits and walks intermittently throughout the work day. Full mobility and ability to participate in vigorous activity when performing work. Handles and manipulates equipment and office materials. Able to make emergency decisions working under stress. Ability to speak and hear allow discussions with patients and peers .
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to understand and carry out safety procedures and adhere to warnings.
- Previous hospital housekeeping experience a plus.
- Knowledge in operating floor care equipment.
FT/PT Hospital Case Manager
The Case Manager will facilitate the interdisciplinary plan of care with a focus on evaluating the appropriateness of clinical care, medical necessity admission status, level of care, discharge needs and resource management. The Case Manager must interact with physicians, staff, patient/family and outside agencies and be knowledgeable of community resources and alternate care facilities. The Case Manager will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization. The Case Manager will identify potential barriers to patient throughput and quality outcomes an will facilitate discharge plans.
- Associate degree in healthcare related field preferred. Licensed professional nurse or person with the communication skills and criteria knowledge to exchange information with insurance payors, staff and physicians.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in related healthcare field (such as RHIT or social work) may be considered.
- Minimum of two (2) years of utilization review/case management experience or minimum of one (1) year experience in discharge planning from a hospital is preferred.
- Maintain a current professional licensure in nursing or professional field of certification.
- Appropriate certification in case management preferred (e.g., Commission for Case Management Certification (CCMC).
Phlebotomist – Full Time
Responsible for accurately obtaining blood samples via venipuncture and capillary collection procedure with minimum customer discomfort. Provides care to patients whose ages range from infant to geriatric. Ensures specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory’s procedures for specimen collection, handling, and processing. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
GLEN ROSE MEDICAL CENTER, GLEN ROSE, TX
Monday – Friday 8:30AM – 5:30PM
Job Type: Full-time
JOB DESCRIPTION: Pre Authorization Specialist
Reports to: Business Office Director
Purpose of the job: Responsible for providing accurate and complete data input for precertification request and for providing excellent customer service
- Answer calls from physicians offices, hospitals, and patients using exemplary customer service skills.
- Accurately enter required information into computer database.
- Review structured clinical data matching it against specific medical terms and diagnoses or procedure codes..
- File completed precertification request as per established procedures.
- Print and distribute paper work to registration at the end of each day.
- Maintain patient confidentiality as defined by state, federal and company regulations.
- Establish effective rapport with other employees, professional support service staff, customers, clients, patients, families and physicians.
- Actively support departmental and strategic plans and ensure successful implementation.
- Maintain working relationships with all Glen Rose Medical Center departments and providers.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry: High School Education or GED 3. . Knowledge of medical terminology Skills,
Abilities and Professional Competencies: Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding/computer use. Self-motivation and the ability to work effectively in an independent environment. Provide quality customer service by being available for scheduled shifts. Includes arriving promptly and completing shifts as needed to meet demands of daily call levels. Excellent Communication and organizational skills Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with emotionally charged situations.
Central Supply Clerk
The Central Supply Clerk is a non-professional health care employee who, under the direction and supervision of the Material Management Director, serves a variety of functions in the Central Supply Department, including receiving shipments, distributing orders, stocking, etc.
Good general health and stress coping ability. Full mobility and ability to participate in vigorous activity. Must be physically able to lift, support, and move equipment and supplies.
Must be a high school graduate. Must possess current health care experience and is knowledgeable regarding basic patient care concepts and hospital functions. Must be a proficient typist and have computer skills. Requires good written and verbal skills. Medical terminology helpful. CPR Certification is required.
This position is full time.